Check your child's smile!
Simple guidelines to increase parents' awareness:
evaluate if your own child has already acquired any type of bad habit, or has already developed an incipient dentofacial malocclusion that needs to be addressed
You can be the one to monitor your own child
from the age of three!
Observe your child:
in any of the following situations we strongly suggest you take
a dental check up appointment before the age of five!
When your child smiles do you see any open space in the front (open bite, as shown in the picture below)?
- Is your child often sick with acute laringitis, otitis,tonsillitis, or adenoiditis?
- Does he/she breathe through his/her mouth during theday?
- When he/she sleeps have you ever noticed if he/she breathes through his/her mouth?
- Have you ever heard him/her snore while sleeping?
-Does your child still use the pacifier or fall asleep sucking his/her own thumb?
-Does your child still drink milk from the bottle (over 3years of age) ?
- Are the lower teeth more external to the upper teeth while he simply bites down (cross-bite, as shown in the picture above)? Is this only on one side or on both sides ( monolateral or bilateral crossbite) ?
-Have you noticed if the mandible of your child is more external compared to the upper maxillary arch (inverted bite, as shown in these pictures)?
-Have you ever noticed if he/she has the habit of sucking his/her lower lip, as shown in the picture below?
- When your child smiles have you ever noticed if you can only see his/her upper teeth and not at all the lower-ones as the edge of the upper teeth is almost touching the inferior gums (deep bite, as shown in the picture above)?
did you ever noticed if your child have decays or a situation of decays that had caused the total colaps of the bite?
Studio Dentistico Marullo Roma : piazza Salerno 6 , Via Imperia 1 tel 06 44291526, mobile 3356236809; Metro B stop POLICLINICO
Il messaggio informativo è diramato nel rispetto dellle linee guida dell’Ordine Provinciale di Roma dei Medici Chirurghi e degli Odontoiatri ed in conformità ai principi dell’ HONCode, ossia ai criteri di qualità dell’informazione sanitaria di rete.